Friday, March 18, 2011

NOT YOUR GRANDMOTHER'S PANTYHOSE...

PANTYHOSE...Uhh! That word still makes my skin crawl. As a child I remember poking holes in my tights so I wouldn't have to wear them. This mischievous act almost always resulted in me leaving the house wearing those infamous cotton lace trimmed socks. I still don't know what annoyed me more, the itchy stark white stockings or the tacky socks.

Luckily, today's hosiery has taken on much more personality. This year's Spring and Fall collections feature more hosiery than ever with an eclectic array of colors and patterns. However, please choose wisely as they can make or completely sabotage an outfit.


images left to right: Manish Arora, Balmain, Prabal Gurung, Jean Paul GaultierWunderkind, Marc Jacobs

2 comments:

  1. love the stripe blue and black! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! LMAO!! I totally remember wearing those cheesy socks!

    ReplyDelete